A message to our valued guests,
On behalf of the entire Team at the Qualicum Beach Café, we welcome you to dine with us, when you’re ready, with the utmost care and appreciation for your patronage. We enforce strict Health & Safety Protocols as outlined by Island Health and WorkSafeBC to ensure the health and safety of all guests and co-workers, in addition to our rigorous cleaning regimen. We monitor government updates closely and heed the advice of our Health Ministers. This is our top priority, and we hope that each guest feels as safe as if they were in their own home throughout their dining experience with us. We also offer Contact-Free Take Out should you feel more comfortable dining at home. We are proud to be a part of the Qualicum Beach community and we look forward to hosting you!
Please continue reading for details on our COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols.
· Proof of vaccination is required upon entering the restaurant and is required when enjoying all Dine In services (including when seated on the patio and bar/lounge seating).
· Masks are required upon entering the restaurant and must be worn, except when seated and eating.
· Please STOP at the Host Station to read posted COVID Policies &Updates; use the hand sanitizer provided.
· You will be assigned a table and shown to your seat. Please wear your mask when walking throughout our facility.
· Mingling between tables is currently prohibited as per our Health Authority. Please do not move tables or barriers.
· Please do not dine with us if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, including mild ones, or if you have been told to self-isolate by your Health Authority.
For The Team:
· All teammates are trained, re-oriented when needed, and kept up-to-date with all Health & Safety updates.
· Daily health screens are mandatory for all workers, including temperature checks and completion of aHealth Screen Questionnaire.
· Any teammate experiencing even mild symptoms of illness must stay home from work for 14 days from when the symptoms began, and can only return to work with a doctor’s note of approval.
· Any teammate who has travelled outside of Canada must quarantine for 14 days before returning to work, and must not return to work if experiencing any symptoms of illness.
· Hands must be thoroughly washed upon entering the facility. Proper hand hygiene must be maintained throughout the work shift.
· Masks must be worn by all Kitchen and Service Team at all times.
· We have reduced touch points through implementation of specific job tasks.
· Table side service must be performed in a manner that ensures guest safety; food and drink will be left at the end of the table for guests to distribute amongst themselves, and ample space should be provided between worker and guest both at the table and throughout the restaurant.
· Tables and high-traffic surfaces must be cleaned diligently following the steps recommended by our Health Authority. Tables must be cleaned immediately after a guest leaves, and high traffic areas such as washrooms, handrails, countertops, etc. must be cleaned every 30 minutes. Debit/Credit machines must be cleaned after each use.
Our local restaurant community is navigating unprecedented challenges. Your support through dining experiences and kind words has kept us going. From all of us here at the Qualicum Beach Café, thank you and take care!
Eli Brennan and Alan Tse, Proprietors of the Qualicum Beach Café